I think my pregnancy taste buds are messing with me. Last night I experimented with some left-over pulled pork and the results weren’t good. To my pregnant brain it sounded alright, and while the food was edible (and my husband did go back for seconds, but anyone who loves a dish called “Spam Roll” has clouded judgment in my eyes) it was definitely not blog worthy.
Today will be a pictureless post for me, as I made this dish early last week before I thought about adding this “What’s For Dinner Wednesday” feature to the blog. This was another experiment dish, involving left-overs, and it was a hit with all of us. Plus it got my boys to eat a fair amount of spinach!
Creamy Chicken and Spinach
If you have some left over chicken, some frozen spinach, a can of cream of chicken soup, some cheese and rice you can have a pretty tasty meal on the table in about 15 minutes!
1. Tear or cut up left-over, cooked chicken. I used about a cup and a half’s worth.
2. Thaw frozen spinach according to package directions (mine was in the microwave for about 6 minutes).
3. Throw chicken bits into a skillet over medium heat. Add can of cream of chicken soup and stir. When the spinach is done thawing, use a slotted spoon to add it to the skillet (you don’t want too much of that water going into the skillet too, which is why I used the slotted spoon).
4. Cook mixture over medium heat, stirring occasionally. When it starts to get good and bubbly, turn the heat down to medium-low.
5. Cook up your rice of choice while mixture in the skillet cooks.
6. When you’re almost ready to dish up the food, add about 1/2 cup of shredded mozzarella to the skillet mixture and stir until it’s melted.
Spoon some of the skillet mixture over your rice and dinner is served! Like I said, this was gobbled up at our house. The boys at first looked at it and said “I don’t like the green stuff”. I urged them to taste it because “I cooked it a special way so that it’s yummy” and after they tried some, they agreed it was yummy!
Grab a button, blog about a dish on your blog and then link up here!