Potty Training Chase – Day 2 Recap

In a nut shell – yesterday morning was great, yesterday afternoon not so much.

Between when Chase woke up at 7:30 yesterday morning and when he went down for his nap at noon he only had one accident! I was so proud of him and I think he was quite proud of himself. At the end of nap time I waited a bit too long to get him. He was in that half awake/half asleep state and I made the (bad) decision to leave him be. That resulted in a minor wet through in bed. Darn!

The afternoon was pure torture and not just because of Chase. Jackson and Tyler were crabby and all over each other (wrestling over toys and biting each other). All three of them were deliberately pushing my buttons (and I’m sorry to report I let their antics get to me). I became increasingly frustrated and I think that hindered Chase’s PTing. He had several accidents throughout the day. When Nick finally got home I met him at the door, pushed the boys at my legs away and announced I was getting the first hug that day. It was just that kind of day!

Last night Chase was dry when we put him down at 7:30, dry when we went to bed at 10:30pm but wet when Nick went in to get him this morning. I lay in bed at 6:30 this morning listening to Jackson and Tyler chatting with each other (this is morning #2 in a row of the two of them waking up far too early) and listening to Chase bang his head on his mattress. I’ve never really been sure of how “awake” they are when they do that (and they’ve done it since they were about a year old) and I guess we have our answer now. Tomorrow morning if I hear head banging we’ll get Chase up and see if he needs to go to the bathroom.

The good that happened yesterday included Tyler becoming quite interested in what Chase is up to! He likes to come into the bathroom now and cheer for Chase when he pees and Chase enjoys the audience to show off for. I think Ty will be victim #2 (hopefully starting on Sunday).

While in the bathroom with Chase, Ty and Jackson were up to no good….

I still don’t know how they managed to get the ball to land so it was balanced!

To try to keep the natives from getting too restless, I made a “tunnel” (as Jackson called it) for them to play in.

Add a comment...

Your email is never published or shared. Required fields are marked *