I’ll be honest with you all. I have received a fair number of blog awards in my time. I always appreciate the gesture but rarely have the time to follow through with the “rule” of passing them on. Usually the boys give me so much material that I just never find the time to give away blog awards – especially considering some of these awards require linking to 10-20 other blogs! All that being said, it’s been a slow week here and yesterday I was given a blog award and I actually have time to follow through and give it to others!
2. Share 10 honest things about yourself.
3. Present this award to 7 other whose blogs you find brilliant in design or content.
4. Tell those 7 people they have been awarded.
Hmmmm…. 10 honest things? About me? Not my kids?
1. I’m a night owl at heart, but feel like when Nick goes to bed at 10:30 that I need to follow. Plus there’s that whole not getting to sleep in thing anymore… I guess it’s best I go to bed when I do!
2. My dream job (since about the age of 15) has been to own and operate a radio station. I love radio! I love DJing, I love writing copy, I love working production; I just love it all! Unfortunately to own a station you need big bucks, and that is definitely something I don’t have.
3. This past summer when I started really pursuing my dream of owning a DSLR camera I thought I wanted a Canon. I was convinced that’s what I wanted. I had held one in a store and liked the feel. My point and shoot is a Canon, so I figured that would give me a slight edge in figuring out the DSLR. Then this summer (twice) I borrowed a Nikon. I now officially want a Nikon. My mom bought a Canon and I’ve played with it a few times, but I think I like the feel and pictures from the Nikon better! I’m sure all my Nikon loving friends are happy to hear this.
4. I miss the ocean. It’s hard to transition from seeing the ocean from your bedroom window, to seeing it only once every couple of years.
5. I love Christmas and Christmas music! I’ve been secretly glad when the boys have turned on the radio we gave them to play with and the station is on one of those stations that starts playing Christmas music waaaaay to early. I guess I’m a closest listener. Ha!
6. Speaking of Christmas music – in the last few years the Carpenter’s version of There’s No Place Like Home For the Holidays makes me tear up. Maybe it’s because we haven’t been “home” for Thanksgiving or Christmas in several years. This year is going to be awesome though – home is coming to me! My parents are flying in from Maine and my brother and his family are driving up from Texas and my sister, of course, will be staying in town! 6 kids, age 5 and under on Christmas morning is going to be so fun!
7. I never had a bikini worthy body or anything, but I absolutely hate what my triplet pregnancy did to my stomach. It’s nasty. Seriously. I can not emphasize that enough. Makes me long for a tummy tuck and I never thought I would ever say I wanted any type of cosmetic surgery.
8. I love my new KitchenAid. How did I survive before I received it?!
9. I’m starting to feel like I need to cut back on Diet Coke but at the same time feel like I “need” that source of caffeine. I know in comparison to a lot of DC addicts I don’t drink that much (1-2 cans a day usually), but it still feels like too much.
10. My guilty pleasure in life is sitting down with a Karen Kingsbury book. I wish she wrote them faster because I finish them in about 48 hours and then have to wait months for the next one to come out!
Alrighty, I’m passing this award on to the following blogs:
- Sweet and Sour Sutton – She’s new to the blog world, but posts some amazing recipes!
- Tales From the Higby Gang – I’m so glad she’s back to blogging regularly!
- The Great Umbrella Heist – Very honest mom who is raising identical triplet girls!
- Briseno Family Adventures – Her recent get-away with her husband has me insanely jealous!
- The Life & Times of The McTriplets – For an amazing read, read “The Reader’s Digest Version”. Seriously. Do it.
- Cake Wrecks – I know this award won’t be passed on there, but seriously funny stuff to read!
- Money Saving Mom – Again, an award that won’t be passed on, but if you haven’t visited this blog you need to!
To my award receivers – I totally understand if you don’t want to or don’t have the time to pass this on! Just enjoy basking in the glow of your award 🙂